IN THE NEWS
Follow the links below for news articles that may be of interest to applicants and liquor license holders in the State of New York. Bookmark the page as we add links daily. Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question about the stories you read. We will endeavor to get you the information you need.
- Gov. Cuomo announces end to COVID-19 curfew for bars, restaurants – New York Post – April 29, 2021
- New York will allow beer sales without food starting in May – Fox News – April 29, 2021
- NY Legislature repeals Cuomo’s food-with-drinks order for bars, restaurants – auburnpub.com – April 29, 2021
- Hold the ‘Cuomo chips’: NY set to lift gov’s no-booze-without-food rule – New York Post – April 28, 2021
- Finger Lakes region legislators: Time to end curfews, food requirements – Finger Lakes Times – April 22, 2021
- O’Mara again calls for ending Cuomo’s curfew for restaurants and bars – New York State Senator – April 22, 2021
- Bring me my booze! New York extends takeout and delivery alcohol – 101.5 WPDH – March 28, 2021
- Broadway, bars, music venues allowed to have limited performances starting April 2 – Silive.com – March 4, 2021
- Curfew temporarily lifted for 91 restaurants, clubs, and bars which sued NYS – WIVB.com – February 6, 2021
- Cuomo announces NYC indoor dining will FINALLY be able to start again but not until Valentine’s Day and only at 25% capacity – as ‘heartbroken’ restaurants ask why they have to wait another two weeks – Dailymail.com – January 29, 2021
- Legislation package introduced to assist New York’s restaurant and hospitality industry – The Rebound Buffalo – January 28, 2021
- NY’s changing Covid rules: Some pool halls reopen. Ax throwing now closed. What? – Syracuse.com – January 27, 2021
- BARS, RESTAURANTS TOLD TO CLOSE DOORS EARLYBars and restaurants are forced to close in NYC at 10 p.m. due to an increase in COVID-19 cases
- GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW DURING REOPENINGReady for reopening? Be informed on how to properly set up for indoor dining at your establishment in New York City.
- STATE LEGALIZES BOOZE IN DESSERTSGovernor Cuomo signed a bill allowing the manufacture and sale of liquor-infused ice cream and other frozen desserts in the state of New York.
- NY REQUIRING FOOD PURCHASE WHEN BUYING BOOZEEffective immediately, all on-premises sales of alcoholic beverages must be accompanied by food. Click on the headline to read the new rules.
- NO FOOD? NO LICENSE!Serving booze at a bar or restaurant in New York? If so, you must offer food, too. We breakdown the food rules.
- SLA LETS LICENSEES RENEW NOW, PAY LATERThe New York State Liquor Authority has mercy on licensees who have been impacted by the pandemic, so payments can be deferred until August 31, 2020.