IN THE NEWS
Follow the links below for news articles that may be of interest to applicants and liquor license holders in the State of New York. Bookmark the page as we add links daily. Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question about the stories you read. We will endeavor to get you the information you need.
- NY authorities fine ‘Walmart of liquor’ over out-of-state gift cards – New York Post – November 27, 2020
- Restaurants, other venues blanch at Cuomo’s new COVID-19 rules that curb service at 10 p.m. – lohud.com – November 14, 2020
- Cuomo orders NY restaurants, bars to close at 10 p.m. amid COVID-19 uptick – New York Post – November 12, 2020
- Alcohol to go’ policy extended in NY – WHEC TV – November 8, 2020
- New York State quietly extends “to-go” ordering for alcohol at bars, restaurants – FingerLakes1.com – November 8, 2020
- State Liquor Authority appeals ruling against Cuomo’s live music restrictions – NYup.com – October 22, 2022
- COVID Crackdown: Hundreds of restaurants lost liquor licenses – Eyewitness News ABC 7 – October 13, 2020
- CNY wedding linked to coronavirus cases, deaths; venue’s license suspended – Syracuse.com – October 3, 2020
- Buffalo bar wins lawsuit, allowing it to advertise live music – Silive.com – October 3, 2020
- State Liquor Authority’s unjust enforcement deadly to lockdown-strained bars, eateries – New York Post – October 1, 2020
- BARS, RESTAURANTS TOLD TO CLOSE DOORS EARLYBars and restaurants are forced to close in NYC at 10 p.m. due to an increase in COVID-19 cases
- GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW DURING REOPENINGReady for reopening? Be informed on how to properly set up for indoor dining at your establishment in New York City.
- STATE LEGALIZES BOOZE IN DESSERTSGovernor Cuomo signed a bill allowing the manufacture and sale of liquor-infused ice cream and other frozen desserts in the state of New York.
- NY REQUIRING FOOD PURCHASE WHEN BUYING BOOZEEffective immediately, all on-premises sales of alcoholic beverages must be accompanied by food. Click on the headline to read the new rules.
- NO FOOD? NO LICENSE!Serving booze at a bar or restaurant in New York? If so, you must offer food, too. We breakdown the food rules.
- SLA LETS LICENSEES RENEW NOW, PAY LATERThe New York State Liquor Authority has mercy on licensees who have been impacted by the pandemic, so payments can be deferred until August 31, 2020.